Saturday, March 21, 2009

Steve Smith's Hands


A lot of musicians have chops. And some have consistently good musical taste. Not many have both but Steve does, in spades. His chord voicings are exquisite and his hands on the keyboard are a beautiful thing to watch. He's had a long and successful career back east and we are very fortunate to have him here with us on Gabriola. He's at Raspberry's every Sunday and various other gigs around the island so you locals should get out and hear this man play. The rest of the world can sample his music here

Number 2 in the Musician's Hands series
Leica M3, 50mm Summicron, 1/125s @ f2.8, Kodak BW400CN

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh my. This is one fine image Snap. Love the DOF here. I"m listening to Steve play Autumn in New York and WOW. This is a wonderful series you have embarked on . I can hardly wait for more.
G

Lowell said...

Wonderful photo! I'd like to hear more of Steve.

Jane Hards Photography said...

V- Depth of field abbrev. What is going on. Musicians hands reminds me our own Blues festival is due and many hands will make light work and I will have plenty of work on. His nails struck me. Are they manicured?