Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Brad's Hands


We all need self-assignments right? I have a couple in mind for the coming weeks and today's image is the first of one of them: A series on island musician's hands. I'm planning on using film for most but this one was shot with a borrowed DSLR. ISO 200, 1/8s @ f4 with a beanbag for support.

Brad is a busy guy and everybody on Gabriola has heard him play guitar or mandolin with one of the many groups he's involved with. He's great on both instruments but I chose to photograph the mando because I've been listening to his CD lately and it features that instrument along with Antonio Gradanti's excellent guitar playing. Listen for yourself here

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Perfectly captured.

Sorry I haven't been by this week. I've caught up with all you get shots however. I'm going to listen to this musician right now.

Daryl said...

So well shot ..

Lowell said...

Delightful and delovely. You really captured the making of music. A most effective photograph!

Bob Crowe said...

Damn that's good. Stillness where it's needed, motion where it has something to say.

Diederick Wijmans said...

You were able to capture the music itself!! Bravissimo!