Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Squash Seeds


I'd like to think that I'm a very attentive and meticulous photographer and that I carefully examine every square centimetre of the finder before pushing the shutter button but truth be told, it just ain't so. I didn't see the two "glowing" seeds in the middle of the saucer until the image was on my monitor but they certainly make the picture don't they? Gotta love little bonuses like that.

I saved these from a butternut squash we had for dinner last week and I'll be planting them just as soon as weather permits. But I'll start them inside in front of a south-facing window so they'll be good and strong when they go into the dirt.

6 comments:

Virginia said...

Ahhhh, "photographer's surprise" I call it. You gotta love it when you get one. Perfecto!
V

Bob Crowe said...

A very strong image. There is something elemental about the shapes, lighting and subject.

Thanks for your comment on that graffiti post of mine. I was lazy and shot that picture while sitting in my car. If I have time, I will go by there again this weekend, clear away the brush and check the full text.

Carraol said...

Very interesting B&W shot, love the composition. Greetings from MC.

Daryl said...

Nice shot ... light plays tricks on the eye that the camera lens catches ...

Diederick Wijmans said...

Perfect, V!

Z said...

Yes, I'm always thrilled when that happens. :-)

Good luck with your garden this summer.