Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ABC Wednesday > J is for Java


Java is a six year-old sweetheart. She and her human companion live on neighbouring Mudge Island and I met them at the Gabriola ferry terminal when we were all waiting to cross the moat to Nanaimo. The bungee cord was being used as an improvised leash, the real one got left behind on Mudge. It struck me that island life is an improvisation so the bungee was the perfect element to complete the photograph.

Leica M3, 50mm Summicron, 1/125s @ f2.8, Kodak BW400CN

The global ABC Wednesday portal is here

5 comments:

Virginia said...

So is Java's name in Magic Marker or what? That's hilarious and she doesn't seem the least fazed by the attention she's getting. I like the bungee cord as well. I'm still smiling!
V

Small City Scenes said...

Java looks like a sweetie. I had a Jack Russel named Sassy and that she was. Fiesty little girl---gone to greener pastures now. MB

Copenhagen said...

Java is adorable!

Daryl said...

What a good J .. and Java is one cute pup

Jane Hards Photography said...

What the f...

Anyone dare say I have the weirdest blog images and writing again. I'm sending them to Java.