Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dinah D's Hands


Dinah D is perhaps Gabriola's youngest living legend. She is definitely a human dynamo and every last ounce of her energy is focused in a positive direction. Her swing band has just released a new CD and she's also a founding member of the award-winning children's music ensemble The Kerplunks. We had a blast doing the shoot at her place and it was very difficult to pick a favourite to post.

Number 10 in the Musician's Hands series

Leica M3, 50mm Summicron, 1/250s @ f4, Ilford XP2Super

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Well your choice was a good one. I am so loving this series. I'm going to be sad when you're done. May I suggest that Mrs. Snap do one of you???? I would love to hear DInah D. Maybe I can find her CD somewhere like Itunes??
V

Julie said...

I agree with VJ: totally loving this series and learning so much from it. I particularly enjoy seeing how you come up with "poses" for the hands. My head struggles to take it all in.

I went to Dina's website. I got a lot out of the double bass head posed against the line of weatherboard. Impressive shot, that one.

Thanks, Snapper.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Many mimicked images of this series, but I'm afraid you are the master. Really whetting my appetite for our own blues festival. One thing I will say about small islands, some very talented people thrive in this environment and flourish that city life would stifle.

Margy Gi said...

Dinah D Dynamo...love it! Great portrait.