Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Years Resolution #1


Eat healthier. I've been vegetarian for over thirty years and lately, Joelle and I are leaning in the direction of veganism (dairy's already gone from our larder) but there's always room for improvement diet-wise. So we're going to be eating a lot more raw food next year. And that means more juice. The pictured concoction is spinach/carrot/apple which wasn't half bad. Not root-beer-float delicious but not make-a-face horrible either. Somewhere in between I guess, but pretty much off the scale in terms of nutrients.

4 comments:

Bob Crowe said...

I like the picture very much - spare, with a beautiful balance of color, texture and shape.

I don't do New Year's resolutions. They vanish like morning fog as the sun rises. However, I'm reading a fascinating book on the state of psychological research about self-control, Roy Baumeister and John Tierney's Willpower. You might find it interesting.

Tamera said...

It's almost too pretty to drink! I just took the plunge into vegetarianism. I think veganism is still a long way off for me ;o) Good luck with your resolution and healthier lifestyle!

Monica Weller said...

I love the mouth-watering colour scheme in this photo. I love spinach. I love apples and I love carrots. Even though my back's against the wall though, I think I'll be sticking with cranberry juice which goes down nice and easy.The psychological research about self control sounds interesting, Bob.I think my will power was chivvied along recently by threats from my doctor: Cut out or else! Not very hospitable for someone who has always been a porridge, fruit and vegetable preacher.

tammy said...

beautiful green! nice pic!!