Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hot Rod Squash


As promised, a photo from last Sunday's Fall Fair squash race. Here's how it's done: Contestants attach wheels to a squash (any variety) in any way they can. There's an inclined ramp with two lanes and the racers simply glide down with gravity providing the horsepower. Heats are run until an ultimate winner emerges. As you can see, a heavier squash is a real asset.

Now, I know some of you are thinking that we Canadians have too much time on our hands and that we lead a somewhat, how shall I say...less than exciting existence. Think what you will but just don't you forget about NSD. We have other uses for duct tape.

4 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

this is very funny and your link takes the cake. I think you Canadians know how to have fun. I'm inspired.

Virginia said...

I'm still so blown away by the fishnets/duct tape shot that I can't comment on squash races. I need to go back to Paris now.
V

Daryl said...

I am so laughing .. I bet every gaffer is now wishing they'd thought of this.

Kcalpesh said...

Funny but interesting use of a duct tape... Nice post

- Pixellicious Photos