Saturday, February 20, 2010

Red Chamber

I've seen a few hot bands in my day. In terms of sheer virtuosity, The David Grisman Quintet comes to mind (early incarnation with Mark O'Connor on guitar and Rob Wasserman on bass). Then there's The Hot Club Of Nashville. Well, let me just tell you that Red Chamber can hold their own with anybody on any stage anywhere. The quartet plays traditional and contemporary Chinese music and just for kicks, their encore was a medley of Cape Breton tunes! Thanks to Poetry Gabriola for bringing us this amazing concert.

3 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

I love live music. this must have been a lot of fun.

Virginia said...

Lovely portrait and I love that they are all dressed in RED! :) Wish I could have been there to hear them in person.
V

Stefan Jansson said...

Red Chamber is hot, steamy hot!