Wednesday, September 10, 2008

They Might Be Giants


Trees. Lots and lots of trees. Big trees. Cedars. Firs. Arbutus. Spruce. Trees are the dominant physical characteristic of Gabriola. If you're outdoors, you're looking at trees. Unless you're at the beach looking out at the water. Even then you're looking at trees on another island. I was having a conversation the other day with a handful of friends, some of whom were native Northwesterners and some from the prairie provinces. The people from the prairie said they had trouble getting used to the trees, especially the largeness of them and the fact that they can create a slightly claustrophobic feeling. Well, all this talk about trees got me thinking that maybe I hadn't really showcased Gabriola's forest on this blog. But when I scrolled back through my posts, I saw trees in nearly half the images! So I guess you get the picture.

6 comments:

Ann Pablo-Bechet said...

ah the trees...that is a classic black and white photo. very nice.

Virginia said...

This one said, "B & W please."

Ann said...

Who can fail to not love and respect trees, love this shot.

Rob said...

You just can't go wrong with the north woods forest to see the trees.

tr3nta said...

YES... I get the picture... TREES...

Nice B&W

Irredento Urbanita said...

That kind of image makes me remember Xmas. It's my mind lol.

Regards from Barcelona

Valery

Barcelona Daily Photo